Saturday, April 23, 2011

To Henrik: Changes to 3D model

We should have something printed by this upcoming week, so please make the suggested changes ASAP.

Here are the following changes needed:
1) Make sure that the body is hollow
2) Make sure it is openable so we can package/prototype parts in it (ideally split in half in its symmetric axis)
3) We need a bit more room between the two grips (we will know more details about how much room by the end of this weekend) for recoil and rumble motors
4) We probably will be incorporating rumble motors in the grips as well (telling you as heads up)
5) We probably will need housing for the smell/scent system (and will know more about the dimensions by our next skype meeting) at the back of the gun
6) We probably don't need buttons for this 3D print yet as we just want to print something ASAP to prototype buttons into and think about packaging a bit better

3 comments:

  1. 1) Chek.
    2) Chek.
    3) From the ergonomics point of view, it's good to keep the two close to each other. Up to 10cm extra space is about maximum.
    4) There's gonna be batteries in the back grip, so there isn't too much room for rumble. But tell me how much is necessary and I'll try to fit it in there.
    5) Standing by for dimensions.
    6) I've already started on the buttons, so buttons you shall get.

    I'm glad you are printing this out as well! I still haven't received an answer from the 3D-printing guy from our school... I'll go and pay a visit in case there's no answer on tuesday.

    What file format?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the file format we need is .stl. Is Rhino able to export as stl?

    ReplyDelete